If you read my last blog post and have already created your LinkedIn Group, you may ask yourself what you can do to grow your audience and foster engagement. Well, you came to the right place. Here are five simple things you can do.
- Spread the word. Encourage group members to share the group with their connections and have your employees help spread the word. You can also leverage your company’s main social media platforms by posting a few times per week to draw awareness of the new group and encourage folks to join.
- Be social. Monitor your site on a daily basis and respond to any questions and comments as quickly as possible. Even better? Bring in employee leadership to post and comment on existing discussions.
- Be active. Keep your group active by posting at least two times per week (at the bare minimum).
- Create engaging content. The type of content largely depends on your business goals and the purpose of the group, but keep it real and make sure it is adding value to your audience and not just marketing your product or service. Also, be visual through images or videos and encourage member participation by asking questions, asking for feedback and adding a call to action.
- Measure your impact. Keep tabs on how your content is performing and what type of content is resonating with your audience so you know what to do more of.
Image via flickr (metsuke_es).