Voxus is excited to announce that we’re sponsoring The Tacoma Challenge, a contest designed to further position the City of Tacoma as an awesome place for start-ups to build new products and/or services. Do you work at an early-stage start-up, or know someone who does? If so, share this post or visit the website to apply directly. Tacoma is offering $100,000 in resources, network, space, and funding to help several start-ups work toward success.
Here’s how it works for start-ups:
- Attend the informational session or Live Stream it on March 30 at 6 pm PDT at the Union Club in Tacoma.
- Submit an application between April 1 – May 30, 2020.
- Five founders will then be selected to receive a stipend to travel to Tacoma to pitch their ideas to a judging panel in mid-June.
- The winning start-up will receive $50,000 of equity-free cash, $25,000 in free co-working space, and $25,000 in in-kind services.
- The two runner-up start-ups receive $5,000 of equity-free cash, $25,000 in free co-working space, and $25,000 in in-kind services.
(*All winning start-ups must commit to moving their company headquarters to Tacoma for a minimum of one year.)
Want to learn more about what makes Tacoma so special (and a great place to do business)? Check out this video from Mayor Victoria Woodards.
The Tacoma Challenge is truly a community supported event with sponsors that include Jolt Biotech, Surge Tacoma, MultiCare, University of Washington, Make It Tacoma, University of Puget Sound, Startup253, RAIN Incubator, VIBE, TractionSpace, Keiretsu Forum, Puget Sound Venture Club, and many more.